Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Challenge.

I was to read four hours of Cross-Cultural Communication last Saturday. On my way to the lecture, I had a phone call that informed me, that the professor that was to read Introduction to Language Studies that same day, had an unforseeable emergency and couln't read his lecture. So, I was asked if I could somehow combine 4-year Cross-Cultural Communication and 1-year Introduction to Language Studies, two in one. 

This could be a definition of a professor's nightmare, standing in front of well over a hundred students, freshmen and graduates combined, without a prepared lecture.

It turned out, that I could handle it all right. 

I did it by focusing the lecture on the concepts of "language" and "communication" in general, pointing out the potential problem points for cross-cultural communication in particular as we were passing them by. It was also lucky that both lectures were supposed to be inroductory. But still, I'm sort of proud of myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment